Nepali President Bidya Devi Bhandari expressed the hope on Monday that Nepal and China would further enhance their age-old friendly cooperation under the framework of China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative.
Bhandari made the remarks when newly-appointed Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Hou Yanqi met Bhandari at the presidential palace in Kathmandu on Monday, Nepali officials told Xinhua.
During the meeting, Bhandari expressed happiness over the positive progress on the bilateral relations between the two countries in recent years, Chief of Protocol Deepak Adhikari told Xinhua on Tuesday.
The Nepali president said Nepal gives high priority to its relationship with China. "I hope China will continue providing support in our socio-economic development," she told the ambassador.
Hou expressed the hope that friendly ties between the two countries would be further deepened during her tenure in Nepal. She said China and Nepal are good neighbors, friends and partners.
The Chinese side would continue to provide assistance to the socio-economic development of Nepal within its ability, Hou said. Meanwhile, Hou presented her letter of credentials to Nepali President Bhandari on Monday.
- Nepali president eulogizes positive progress on Nepal-China... 2019-01-09
- Chinese, Djibouti presidents exchange congratulations on 40... 2019-01-09
- China's BRI boosts Nepal's shift from land-locked to world-... 2019-01-03
- China, Panama agree to further promote ties 2018-12-04
- A new chapter in China-Nepal economic relations 2018-11-05
- Belt and Road Initiative bolster China-Tajikistan ties, say... 2018-10-10