Organized by the Ministry of Commerce, the Communication Conference of the Belt and Road Economy and Trade City Cooperation was held in Wuhan on June 5-7, capital city of central China’s Hubei province.
Altogether 50 representatives from 15 countries and regions along the Belt and Road routes have shared views with 40 local enterprises in Wuhan, discussing commercial opportunities face to face.
On the first day of the conference, over 10 cooperation intentions in the fields of communications, transportation, and agricultural products have been reached, of which 3 cooperation agreements were signed on the spot.
A total of 12 Lao representatives, including government officials and enterprises personnel, participated in the conference. They said that Laos welcomes Hubei’s enterprises to invest in the sectors of telecommunication, electric power, and agriculture.
Industrial insider with the Ministry of Commerce introduced that from January to April, the import and export volume of goods between China and 15 countries (regions) participating in the conference totaled 389.1 billion U.S. dollars, up 19.2 percent year on year, and non-financial direct investment was 4.67 billion U.S. dollars, up 17.3 percent year on year.
- Fijian expert sees Belt and Road Initiative development div... 2019-03-18
- Fujian steps up the pace on developing its FTZ 2019-03-15
- Three steps toward green Belt and Road 2019-03-13
- Chinese firm completes construction of hydropower station i... 2019-03-13
- Sino-Russian border city to build international inland port... 2019-03-13