Note: This column mainly includes countries along the Belt and Road and countries that have signed cooperation agreements with China on Belt and Road Initiative.
Singapore is a sunny, tropical island in South-east Asia, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. The city-state is 710 square kilometres and inhabited by five million people from four major communities; Chinese (majority), Malay, Indian and Eurasian. Since its independence in 9 August 1965, the country has adopted a parliamentary democracy system. Currently, the government and the cabinet are led by Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong while President Tony Tan Keng Yam is the Head of State.
Ideally positioned in South-east Asia, where the rest of the region is just a hop, skip and jump away, Singapore is a thriving metropolis offering a world-class infrastructure, a fully integrated island-wide transport network, dynamic business environment, vibrant living spaces and a rich culture largely influenced by the four major communities in Singapore with each offering different perspective of life in Singapore in terms of culture, religion, food, language and history.
One of the reasons that Singapore proves to be such an attraction as a home is the ease of living, particularly in terms of residence, transportation and governance system. Over the years, Singapore has made significant strides in many areas and has attracted an encouraging number of international accolades which recognise the city as vibrant and world-class.
- Developing connectivity to promote regional prosperity 2019-01-15
- Chinese companies raise 8 bln USD through China-Singapore p... 2019-01-09
- China-Singapore land-sea trade corridor connects 71 countri... 2019-01-09
- Int'l conference held in Singapore to promote Belt and Road... 2018-12-10
- Belt and Road cooperation new highlight of China-Singapore ... 2018-11-15
- Joint statement between Chinese, Singaporean governments 2018-11-15