The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is set to play a big role in China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), said a UAE official on the sidelines of Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) in Dubai.
Undersecretary for Foreign Trade of the UAE Ministry of Economy Abdulla Al Saleh said on Tuesday that the UAE is proud to host the forum as a testament of strong economic and trade ties with China, according to the official Emirates News Agency (WAM).
"The trade between the two countries has been growing each year. We anticipate trade activities to amount to 33 billion U.S. dollars between the UAE and China," he said.
He said both countries have strategic partnership to promote scientific research and renewable energy and water, and this cooperation is set to expand the mutual trade between the UAE and China.
Marwan bin Jassim Al Sarkal, executive chairman of Sharjah Investment and Development Authority, underscored the importance of the BRI.
He also outlined Sharjah's role in boosting the economic ties with the Chinese investors.
The 9th edition of AIM, which runs from Monday to Wednesday, focuses on several investments and projects associated with the BRI.
- Large petrochemical JV inaugurated to deepen Sino-Saudi coo... 2019-03-25
- Saudi Arabia organizes four-week course to teach basic Chin... 2019-03-11
- China, Saudi Arabia agree to expand cooperation 2019-02-25
- Chinese president meets Saudi crown prince 2019-02-25
- Saudi crown prince's visit to China expected to bring ties ... 2019-02-21