Following the United States, Europe, and Australia, Russia has recently become a top choice for students in Shanxi with the further implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative.
In 2016, approximately 3,000 people pursued their studies in Russia, according to Shanxi Provincial Education Department. Shanxi Haiguotuzhi Overseas Education Service Co, the largest one of its kind in Shanxi, helped 206 students study in Russia in the first half of 2017, an increase of 12 percent year on year.
The development of China-Russia strategic partnership and the implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative create many more opportunities for overseas Chinese students to show their abilities and talents.
Many are employed by China-funded companies in countries along the Belt and Road, such as Russia and Kazakhstan, after graduation and become the backbone of businesses, which is another reason why more students are attracted to Russia.
- Photography exhibitions light up Shandong art museum 2017-08-11
- Innovation upgrades Chinese industries 2017-08-11
- Sino-Swiss trade paperwork cut under new pact 2017-08-11
- Panda-shaped solar station opens, to provide 3.2 billion kW... 2017-08-11
- Belt and Road Initiative boosts studies in Russia 2017-08-11
- PPP projects come with risks, more cooperation needed 2017-08-11
- Belt and Road big market for Chinese and foreign banks 2017-08-11
- Qinzhou Port - portal connecting Belt and Road 2017-08-11