The Russian Railways Group announced on Aug 16 that the construction of the first high-speed railway connecting Moscow and Kazan will commence next year.
The company confirmed that the planning for the high-speed railway will be finished this year. The project is eventually expected to be a section of the high-speed railway between Moscow and Beijing, as well as connecting up to key projects in China, Europe and the Middle East along the Silk Road Economic Belt.
The railway is 770-km long and is anticipated to cost $17.8 billion. The train will be able to reach the highest operating speed of 400 km per hour, cutting the traveling time from the current 14 hours to 3.5 hours. The railway will come into operation before 2023.
- Chinese firm, Nigeria sign 6 bln USD rail project agreement 2018-05-16
- Oil piped from Myanmar to China hits 3.9 mln tonnes in 2017 2018-01-29
- Shaanxi’s Guideline on Further Supporting Construction of ... 2018-01-18
- China’s Shaanxi releases policy to support FTZ constructio... 2018-01-18
- New line of China-Russian oil pipeline begins operation 2018-01-02