The Russian Railways Group announced on Aug 16 that the construction of the first high-speed railway connecting Moscow and Kazan will commence next year.
The company confirmed that the planning for the high-speed railway will be finished this year. The project is eventually expected to be a section of the high-speed railway between Moscow and Beijing, as well as connecting up to key projects in China, Europe and the Middle East along the Silk Road Economic Belt.
The railway is 770-km long and is anticipated to cost $17.8 billion. The train will be able to reach the highest operating speed of 400 km per hour, cutting the traveling time from the current 14 hours to 3.5 hours. The railway will come into operation before 2023.
- Construction of Moscow-Kazan high-speed line to kick off ne... 2017-08-18
- Construction of new high-speed rail starts in NE China 2017-08-09
- China's Inner Mongolia runs first high-speed train 2017-08-04
- High-speed railway:the best 'souvenir' foreigners wish to b... 2017-08-03
- 1st tunnel project of Indonesia's Jakarta-Bandung high-spee... 2017-07-17