China will provide Bangladesh with concessional loans to support internet infrastructure construction projects in the country.
Representatives of the Chinese and Bangladeshi governments signed a framework agreement on the cooperation in Dhaka on September 10, Xinhua reports.
According to the agreement, the loans will be used to modernize the government network and the telecommunications network in Bangladesh.
The government network projects will expand the broadband network to cover the administrative authorities of the city, county and township, which is part of the 'Digital Bangladesh' strategy, aimed at promoting the development of the telecommunications, information technology, governance and education in the country.
The telecommunications network project will strengthen the interconnection of the telecommunications infrastructure facilities in the country, which is an important part of the Belt and Road Initiative.
- PowerChina plans to grow presence in B&R economies 2018-07-20
- China's reforms will further boost globalization 2018-07-03
- China, EU oppose unilateralism, protectionism 2018-06-26
- New growth engine urged for Sino-French teamwork 2018-06-26
- China to push opening-up in capital markets 2018-06-15