People search for survivors among the rubble of a building destroyed in a powerful earthquake in the al-Masharqa neighborhood of Aleppo city, northern Syria, on Feb. 7, 2023. (Str/Xinhua)
BEIJING, Feb. 8 (Xinhua) -- China will provide emergency humanitarian aid worth 30 million yuan (4.42 million U.S. dollars) to Syria, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The aid includes assistance of 2 million U.S. dollars and relief materials urgently needed in the quake-hit country, spokesperson Mao Ning said at a regular press briefing.
Meanwhile China is speeding up the implementation of an ongoing food aid program, she said.
Relevant Chinese authorities will work with the Syrian side to ensure that the above assistance is implemented as soon as possible, so as to help the Syrian side with earthquake relief and rescue work, Mao added.
- China provides emergency humanitarian assistance to quake-h... 2023-02-09
- GLOBALink | China plays a positive role in humanitarian ass... 2023-01-30
- China's aid distributed among 420 needy families in W. Afgh... 2023-01-18
- China-donated aid distributed among 400 families in Afghani... 2022-12-20
- 440 families receive Chinese humanitarian aid in north Afgh... 2022-10-06
- Roundup: Chinese enterprises provide humanitarian aid to Pa... 2022-08-26