In a recent visit to universities in the northeast of Thailand, Chinese experts, together with Thai and Lao experts, explored the cooperation opportunity between China-Thailand cooperation under the B&R Initiative.
At the Symposium on Belt and Road and Thailand held in Mahasarakham University on November 11, Liu Ying, a researcher at the Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China, expounded the background, significance and progress of China’s B&R initiative. “The initiative is similar to the Thailand 4.0 strategy in terms of concept, route and essence,” said Liu.
She also noted that China is committed to building a green silk road and sharing its concept and technology in eco-civilization, high-tech industries and shared economy, which coincides with the goal of establishing a new economic ecosphere and setting up 10 high value-added low-pollution industries in the Thailand 4.0 strategy.
“The principle of achieving shared growth through discussion and collaboration by China’s B&R Initiative will become new hope for global social and economic development. There is a huge potential for China-Thailand cooperation under the B&R,” she said.
“Connectivity under the B&R Initiative is an inevitable trend of the times. Thailand should make full preparation to join it,” said Tang Yongbo, a Thai expert on agricultural sustainability, adding that the high-speed rail project has connected China with Thailand. China’s innovative concept and high-tech devices are about to enter Thailand to boost its agricultural development.
According to a survey conducted by an expert of the National University of Laos, the people along the B&R route are aware that the rail project will facilitate transportation. The rail project will bring a lot of Chinese tourists, jobs and business opportunities after its completion.
- Chinese, Lao firms ink deal on Nam Kong 3 hydropower statio... 2017-11-17
- TV, beer and railways - bringing Laos and China together 2017-11-17
- China to open up payment industry 2017-11-17
- Maritime Silk Road draws world attention to Zhuhai 2017-11-17
- Vietnam-China int'l trade fair yields economic deals 2017-11-17
- Actively and Steadily Promote Power Interconnection along t... 2017-11-17
- Sino-African cooperation makes steady progress 2017-11-17
- Chinese funds to boost infrastructure development, wildlife... 2017-11-17