Q: The 3rd round of Sino-Japanese Entrepreneurs and Former High-level Officials Dialogue wrapped up in Japan on December 5. The statement issued by the meeting said that efforts to promote infrastructure development are essential and called for close cooperation on the Belt and Road Initiative. What is your comment?
A: We have taken note of the statement as well as these positive attitudes inside Japan towards participating in the Belt and Road Initiative. We keep saying that the Belt and Road Initiative is an important platform for international cooperation and a major public good for the whole world. Such an open and inclusive initiative, though originated in China, belongs to the world. We look forward to the active participation of all like-minded countries.
Following the principle of extensive consultation, joint contribution and shared benefits, China stands ready to work with all parties including Japan to explore ways to jointly implement the Belt and Road Initiative, so as to create more space and opportunity for the development of all countries and for the global economic growth.
- Countries should join BRI, not fight it: experts 2018-09-27
- Why Thailand is seeking Sino-Japanese cooperation in infras... 2018-09-20
- China, Japan likely cooperate on Thai project under Belt & ... 2018-07-24
- Participation in Belt and Road enables Japan to explore Eur... 2018-07-17
- Japan's participation in B&R Initiative to "open new growth... 2018-05-10