Sichuan Airlines will launch a flight between Chengdu in southwest China's Sichuan Province and St. Petersburg, the company announced Thursday.
It will be the first non-stop service between the two cities, and the second airline linking Chengdu with Russia, following a Chengdu-Moscow air route.
Operating twice a week, the flight takes about 9 hours and 20 minutes from Chengdu to St. Petersburg, and 8 hours on the journey back, the airlines said.
As the second-largest city in Russia, St. Petersburg is also the industrial center and transportation hub of the country, and its palaces and museums are a draw for international tourists.
- Direct flights from China to PNG to start next week 2018-10-19
- China becomes largest recipient of FDI in H1 2018-10-16
- China part of cross-river railway bridge to Russia complete... 2018-10-15
- New China-Europe freight train route from Qinghai to Russia... 2018-10-10
- China's accumulated outbound direct investment ranks second... 2018-10-08