China and Israel launched an incubation center Wednesday in the eastern Chinese city of Xiamen to promote technology cooperation.
Located in Xiamen's Software Park, the center is dedicated to providing services for Chinese companies keen to apply Israel's advanced technologies to their innovation projects.
The center has established ties with more than 200 high-tech companies, research institutions and incubators in Israel, in areas such as artificial intelligence, health care and clean energy, according to Jiang Baoqi, chairman of Innovation Connect (Xiamen) Technology, the center's operator.
During the center's preparation phase, companies from the two countries expressed interest in nearly 100 projects covering a wide range of areas including gene testing, smart cities and big-data analysis, said Gabriel Simons, CEO of Innovation Connect.
Nadav Cohen, consul general of Israel in Guangzhou, expressed his willingness to introduce Israeli companies to China and looked forward to fruitful cooperation between the two sides.
"With a huge market, strong capital and production capabilities, China will become a perfect partner for tech-savvy Israel," Cohen said.
- First direct flight linking southwest China with Israel lau... 2018-09-27
- Students from B&R countries prefer science, engineering maj... 2018-09-18
- Argentina's solar plant project showcases Chinese technolog... 2018-09-12
- African youths in China fascinated by technology, culture 2018-09-04
- China, UN Office enhance cooperation on outer space affairs 2018-06-20