The number of Chinese visitors to Ukraine increased by 51.4 percent last year, as the two countries are enjoying close business ties and people-to-people exchanges, according to official statistics released here on Monday.
A total of 31,114 Chinese citizens visited Ukraine last year, according to a report released by Ukraine's State Statistics Service.
Most of them came to Ukraine for business, tourism or private purposes, the report said.
Ukraine introduced a visa-on-arrival policy for Chinese citizens at Kiev Boryspil Airport and the airport of the country's southern Black Sea resort of Odessa in June 2016.
Chinese citizens can obtain 15-day entry visa if they have documents confirming the business or tourist purpose of the visit.
- Ukraine seeks to play bigger role in Belt & Road Initiative 2018-09-11
- Ukraine plans major railway project under Belt and Road Ini... 2018-08-16
- Chinese tourists' fever for Morocco heats up after visa-fre... 2018-08-13
- Ukraine sees China as strategically important trade partner... 2018-08-08
- Tourists from Kazakhstan spend big in Horgos 2018-08-07