PowerChina International Group Ltd. recently signed an EPC contract with its Bangladeshi partner, B-R Powergen Ltd. for a 150 MW dual-fuel power plant at Mirsharai in Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh.
Mirsarai Economic Zone is the first national-level industrial park of Bangladesh and this project is the first power station in the economic zone.
With a 15-month construction period, the project includes building of 150 MW dual fuel (HFO/Gas) power plant units and related auxiliary systems, supporting facilities designing, procurement of equipment, civil construction, and equipment installing and testing.
Bangladesh is an important country under the Belt and Road Initiative and along the route of the Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar Economic Corridor. Upon completion, the power plant will provide stable and efficient power for Mirsarai Economic Zone, boost the industrialization of Bangladesh, and remarkably improve power supply in neighboring areas.
- Bangladeshi PM inaugurates construction of China-financed r... 2018-10-15
- Chinese companies bring warmth, convenience to Central Asia... 2018-10-15
- Nepal, China agree to facilitate joint investment in power ... 2018-09-30
- Chinese firm signs EPC contract to build 300MW hydropower s... 2018-09-28
- Nepal reinstates $2.5b hydropower deal with Chinese firm 2018-09-25