China Southern Airlines will open the country's first regular direct flight from Hainan to Europe, the company said Wednesday.
The flight from Hainan's tropical city of Sanya to London will start July 12 and operate twice a week. Each trip will take about 12 hours.
The flight is expected to help promote the Belt and Road Initiative by linking the island with European countries.
The central government decided in April to gradually develop Hainan island into a free trade port to facilitate the opening of the region and the rest of the country.
- Hainan Airlines launches Chongqing-Paris direct flight 2018-12-20
- China's Shenzhen opens 1st direct flight to London 2018-10-31
- Non-stop flight links Shenzhen with Vienna 2018-10-22
- Direct flights from China to PNG to start next week 2018-10-19
- First direct flight linking southwest China with Israel lau... 2018-09-27