China Southern Airlines will open the country's first regular direct flight from Hainan to Europe, the company said Wednesday.
The flight from Hainan's tropical city of Sanya to London will start July 12 and operate twice a week. Each trip will take about 12 hours.
The flight is expected to help promote the Belt and Road Initiative by linking the island with European countries.
The central government decided in April to gradually develop Hainan island into a free trade port to facilitate the opening of the region and the rest of the country.
- Direct flight links Guangzhou and Israel 2018-08-03
- China to open first regular direct flight from Hainan to Eu... 2018-06-14
- Air China adds more Belt and Road routes 2018-06-06
- Sichuan Airlines launches direct flights to Mandalay in Mya... 2018-02-27
- More direct flights between China and Belt, Road countries 2018-02-02