China's aviation industry has expanded its cooperation platform to facilitate connectivity along the Belt and Road, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) said Friday.
China has so far signed bilateral intergovernmental air transportation agreements with 125 countries and regions, 62 of them along the Belt and Road, Zhang Qing, a senior official of CAAC, told a press briefing.
China has launched direct air routes with 45 countries along the Belt and Road with about 5,100 flights every week, Zhang said.
The CAAC will continue to support connectivity along the Belt and Road and bridge economic, trade and cultural ties among Belt and Road countries, she said.
Proposed by China in 2013, the Belt and Road Initiative aims to build a trade and infrastructure network connecting Asia with Europe and Africa along and beyond ancient Silk Road trade routes, with industrial cooperation a crucial part.
- New Zealand PM's China visit to promote ties, boost coopera... 2019-04-04
- China-Chile free trade deal to boost bilateral ties, cut ta... 2019-03-05
- 152 countries, int'l organizations sign B&R deals with Chin... 2019-03-05
- China's Hong Kong seeks Belt and Road opportunities under F... 2019-01-23
- China, Panama hold fourth round of negotiations on FTA in P... 2018-11-30