The committee for the Thai-Chinese high speed rail cooperation project held this year's first meeting on Monday to follow up on progress of the project.
Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith chaired the meeting of the Administrative Committee for the Thai-Chinese Rail Cooperation Project at the Ministry of Transport's headquarters.
The committee took into account the progress in the rail project which has been designed to link Bangkok with Nong Khai in northeastern Thailand which borders Laos via Nakhon Ratchasima and several other provinces along the way.
The committee discussed setting up a special organization to supervise the implementation of the high speed rail project, an institute for research and development of rail technology and technology transfers as well as improving public transport systems in support of the rail project.
The panel also considered setting up a subcommittee to coordinate and conduct surveys and a feasibility study on the planned economic development of urban and other areas on either side of the high speed train route between Bangkok and Nong Khai.
The subcommittee, chaired by Deputy Transport Minister Pailin Chuchottaworn, will draft a masterplan for town planning and commercial development of the real estate in the neighborhood of railway stations.
- State Railway of Thailand issues draft term of reference fo... 2018-09-29
- Committee follows up on progress in Thai-Chinese high speed... 2018-09-26
- Saudi Arabia launches high-speed rail linking Mecca, Medina 2018-09-26
- Why Thailand is seeking Sino-Japanese cooperation in infras... 2018-09-20
- Second half of Thai-Chinese high-speed rail project to star... 2018-07-25