An international university consortium, comprised of over 60 universities from 17 countries and regions along the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, was inaugurated Saturday in Xiamen, east China's Fujian Province.
Initiated by Xiamen University (XMU), the University Consortium of 21st Century Maritime Silk Road has set up its secretariat on the university's campus.
Consortium members issued a declaration at the inaugural ceremony held at XMU, calling for deepened cooperation in higher education and scientific research, shared educational resources and promotion of cultural exchanges.
Members include the University of Sheffield, Sorbonne University, the University of Melbourne, the Victoria University of Wellington and Nanyang Technological University.
Xiamen is an important port city along the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, part of the Belt and Road Initiative first proposed by China in 2013.
- Belt and Road forum provides platform for think tanks: seni... 2019-04-18
- Belt and Road film to debut worldwide during forum 2019-04-18
- China welcomes Malaysian PM Mahathir to 2nd Belt and Road f... 2019-04-17
- Abe to send envoy to Belt and Road Forum 2019-04-17
- China’s Belt and Road initiative to embrace a second globa... 2019-04-17