An international university consortium, comprised of over 60 universities from 17 countries and regions along the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, was inaugurated Saturday in Xiamen, east China's Fujian Province.
Initiated by Xiamen University (XMU), the University Consortium of 21st Century Maritime Silk Road has set up its secretariat on the university's campus.
Consortium members issued a declaration at the inaugural ceremony held at XMU, calling for deepened cooperation in higher education and scientific research, shared educational resources and promotion of cultural exchanges.
Members include the University of Sheffield, Sorbonne University, the University of Melbourne, the Victoria University of Wellington and Nanyang Technological University.
Xiamen is an important port city along the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, part of the Belt and Road Initiative first proposed by China in 2013.
- Chinese firm signs 33 million USD road agreement with Ethio... 2019-01-17
- China launches maritime silk road satellite data service 2019-01-16
- Cambodia breaks ground for construction of China-funded roa... 2019-01-15
- China, Finland vow to write new chapter in bilateral ties 2019-01-15
- Silk road marine environment forecast system in trial opera... 2018-12-27