A new China-Europe freight train carrying commercial vehicles, the first of its kind, arrived Thursday in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality.
The train, carrying 112 Mercedes-Benz cars, started its trip in Bremen, Germany on Oct. 29, and traveled 14,000 km across Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan, and arrived in Chongqing via the Horgos Port, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
The one-way trip took 16 days and 16 hours, reducing transportation time by more than two-thirds compared with by sea. Compared with shipping containers, train carriages are larger and less restricted by seasonal changes.
According to the China Railway Special Cargo Services CO., Ltd., the new train will attract more car companies in China and the Belt and Road countries to utilize it, adding an import and export of 50,000 to 100,000 commercial cars via railway every year.
- China-Europe freight train cargo value increases rapidly in... 2019-04-29
- China-Europe freight train cargo value surges by 106 percen... 2019-04-23
- Belt and Road construction facilitates a faster world 2019-04-23
- China-Europe freight trains make 14,000 trips 2019-03-18
- New freight train service links east China city with German... 2019-03-11