A new China-Europe freight train carrying commercial vehicles, the first of its kind, arrived Thursday in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality.
The train, carrying 112 Mercedes-Benz cars, started its trip in Bremen, Germany on Oct. 29, and traveled 14,000 km across Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan, and arrived in Chongqing via the Horgos Port, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
The one-way trip took 16 days and 16 hours, reducing transportation time by more than two-thirds compared with by sea. Compared with shipping containers, train carriages are larger and less restricted by seasonal changes.
According to the China Railway Special Cargo Services CO., Ltd., the new train will attract more car companies in China and the Belt and Road countries to utilize it, adding an import and export of 50,000 to 100,000 commercial cars via railway every year.
- Trips made by China-Europe freight trains surge in 2018 2018-12-14
- New China-Europe freight train route from Handan to Moscow ... 2018-12-04
- China's Zhengzhou launches regular postal service on Europe... 2018-11-22
- First China-Europe special train for commercial vehicles ar... 2018-11-16
- Govt to assess railway links to Europe 2018-10-18