A new China-Europe freight train line linking north China's Handan City with Moscow, capital city of Russia, was launched on Nov. 29.
The route is 9,500 kilometers long, passing through Manchurian, Novosibirsk and Yekaterinburg, to finally arrive at the Volsino station in Moscow. The whole journey costs about 15 days, which is 70 percent faster than sea transportation.
The first train with 41 containers departing from Handan, a city of China's Hebei Province, were loaded mainly with propylene glycol, plastic flowers, microwave ovens and standard components.
The opening of this route is considered as a new channel for Handan's land export, and it will help the city better integrate into the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Increasing number of China-Europe freight trains supports M... 2019-02-18
- Land-sea trade route delivers tropical delicacies to inland... 2019-02-12
- Chinese metropolis Chongqing sees booming rail trade with E... 2019-01-28
- Xinjiang's Horgos sees record passage of freight trains 2019-01-25
- China-Europe rail freight via Inner Mongolia grows by 30 pc... 2019-01-22