Practical cooperation between China and Turkey has great potential and China is willing to better align the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) with Turkey's development strategy.
The pledge came as Chinese Premier Li Keqiang held talks with Binali Yildirim, speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, in Beijing on Tuesday.
Premier Li said that China and Turkey are both emerging market countries and important cooperation partners, adding that China is willing to promote bilateral relations to move forward with cooperation in various fields.
He called to realize win-win cooperation on the basis of mutual respect to each other's core interests and major concerns.
Yildirim echoed that the two sides are important strategic partners and Turkey is willing to enrich, develop and strengthen cooperation with China in areas of infrastructure construction, trade investment and so on.
He also appreciated China's great achievements in reform and opening up.
- China to release new negative list for investment: sources 2018-12-06
- China to better align Belt and Road Initiative with Turkey'... 2018-12-05
- Cooperation with China revamping Argentina's rail network 2018-12-04
- Firms urged to step up BRI role 2018-11-29
- Belt and Road sign of positive progress in global relations 2018-11-28
- China-Philippines relations advance under BRI 2018-11-27