Practical cooperation between China and Turkey has great potential and China is willing to better align the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) with Turkey's development strategy.
The pledge came as Chinese Premier Li Keqiang held talks with Binali Yildirim, speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, in Beijing on Tuesday.
Premier Li said that China and Turkey are both emerging market countries and important cooperation partners, adding that China is willing to promote bilateral relations to move forward with cooperation in various fields.
He called to realize win-win cooperation on the basis of mutual respect to each other's core interests and major concerns.
Yildirim echoed that the two sides are important strategic partners and Turkey is willing to enrich, develop and strengthen cooperation with China in areas of infrastructure construction, trade investment and so on.
He also appreciated China's great achievements in reform and opening up.
- Sharing technologies hold promise of high-quality growth 2019-04-24
- BRI an open platform for cooperation: Chinese envoy 2019-04-24
- Belt and Road, most promising platform for int'l cooperatio... 2019-04-24
- Does China have military intentions by advancing the B&R? 2019-04-23
- Belt and Road forges new path to inclusive globalization 2019-04-23
- BRI crucial for generations to come: President of Swiss Con... 2019-04-23