A total of 1,442 freight trains traveled between Chongqing and European countries last year, an increase of 117 percent compared with the previous year, the YUXINOU (Chongqing) Logistics Co., Ltd announced on Saturday.
The number of trains traveling from Europe back to Chongqing reached 728, surpassing the number of outbound trains for the first time, according to the company.
Chongqing launched more cargo train routes last year, connecting the city with Belarus, Vietnam and Iran, said Qi Dan, general manager of the company.
Currently, the outbound train reaches over 30 European countries, and the goods brought back can be transferred to other Chinese cities and Southeast Asia, Qi said.
In May 2011, a rail route was opened between Chongqing and Duisburg in Germany, marking the start of the China-Europe cargo train service.
The varieties of goods transported via the trains have expanded to electronic products, cars, mechanical products, coffee beans and clothes, Qi added.
- New Silk Road helps revive Germany's rust belt city 2019-04-18
- Belt and Road brings Kazakh grain to China 2019-04-12
- BRI brings new opportunities to companies, residents along ... 2019-04-11
- China accelerates rail-sea transit logistics 2019-03-21
- China-Europe freight trains make 14,000 trips 2019-03-18