Nepali President Bidya Devi Bhandari expressed the hope on Monday that Nepal and China would further enhance their age-old friendly cooperation under the framework of China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative.
Bhandari made the remarks when newly-appointed Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Hou Yanqi met Bhandari at the presidential palace in Kathmandu on Monday, Nepali officials told Xinhua.
During the meeting, Bhandari expressed happiness over the positive progress on the bilateral relations between the two countries in recent years, Chief of Protocol Deepak Adhikari told Xinhua on Tuesday.
The Nepali president said Nepal gives high priority to its relationship with China. "I hope China will continue providing support in our socio-economic development," she told the ambassador.
Hou expressed the hope that friendly ties between the two countries would be further deepened during her tenure in Nepal. She said China and Nepal are good neighbors, friends and partners.
The Chinese side would continue to provide assistance to the socio-economic development of Nepal within its ability, Hou said. Meanwhile, Hou presented her letter of credentials to Nepali President Bhandari on Monday.
- Belt and Road Initiative will reshape global economic ties,... 2019-05-06
- Expert says Belt and Road Initiative to strengthen Sino-Afr... 2019-03-20
- Expert says China's BRI fills "historic vacuum" to boost Af... 2019-03-05
- Saudi crown prince's visit to China expected to bring ties ... 2019-02-21
- Erdogan says Turkey to align development projects with Chin... 2019-02-12