Foreign trade of southwest China's Yunnan Province rose 24.7 percent year on year in 2018, local customs authorities said Wednesday.
According to Kunming Customs, Yunnan's foreign trade totaled 197.3 billion yuan (29 billion U.S. dollars) last year. Exports rose 9.4 percent year on year to about 84.8 billion yuan, while imports increased 39.3 percent year on year to 112.5 billion yuan.
Border trade rose significantly last year, with mutual businesses on Yunnan's border areas rising 20.9 percent. Trade with ASEAN nations accounted for 46.1 percent of Yunnan's imports and exports.
Meanwhile, trade with countries and regions along the Belt and Road expanded 30.3 percent to 133.16 billion yuan.
- 34 countries signed MoU under BRI multilateral tax system 2019-04-19
- China's goods trade with B&R countries reaches over 6 trln ... 2019-04-19
- Sichuan's foreign trade with B&R countries reached 38.9 bil... 2019-04-16
- China's foreign trade maintains stable growth in Q1 2019-04-15
- China to roll out more successful practices of pilot FTZs 2019-04-12
- China expects smooth negotiations on Free Trade Zone with J... 2019-04-12