North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region saw a growth of over 30 percent in the number of inbound and outbound China-Europe freight trains, local authorities said Monday.
Customs statistics show that a total of 2,853 inbound and outbound China-Europe freight trains passed through the ports of Erenhot and Manzhouli in 2018, up 34.2 percent.
The number of standard containers carried on the trains reached 193,000, up 29.1 percent, with products worth a total of 11.51 billion U.S. dollars, up 28.8 percent.
"Garment and electronic products were among the major exports, and sheet materials and auto parts were among the major imports through Manzhouli on the China-Russia border," said Xu Xuemeng with the Manzhouli port customs.
Currently, there are 52 routes between Manzhouli and 11 European countries and 27 routes connecting Erenhot with European countries including Germany, Poland and Russia.
- Chinese metropolis Chongqing sees booming rail trade with E... 2019-01-28
- Xinjiang's Horgos sees record passage of freight trains 2019-01-25
- Inner Mongolia's trade with BRI participating countries rea... 2019-01-22
- China-Europe rail freight via Inner Mongolia grows by 30 pc... 2019-01-22
- China-Europe freight train services surge in 2018 2019-01-21
- Alataw Pass sees increasing Europe-bound freight trains in ... 2019-01-18