China plans to initiate an international coalition for green development under the Belt and Road Initiative in 2019, said Chinese Ecology and Environment Minister Li Ganjie during a work meeting concluded Saturday in Beijing.
China has successfully delivered all the obligatory targets of environmental protection set for 2018 and stayed in line with the timetable outlined by the 13th Five-Year Plan to sustain the environmental improvements.
Li called for more efforts on environmental protection in 2019 on the basis of achievements last year.
One of the key tasks is to launch the international coalition for green development under the Belt and Road Initiative through the joint efforts with UN Environment to support environmental protection.
According to the minister, China will focus on policy decisions, regulation and supervision, law enforcement and reform in environmental protection and ecological restoration in 2019.
Specifically, China will put the Yangtze River restoration project in full swing, clean up more "black and malodorous" water bodies, achieve environment improvement in the Bohai Sea through comprehensive measures, and launch a water quality campaign in rural areas.
In addition, the country will also further reduce imports of solid waste and push for better air quality with better regional coordination and heavy-polluter revamps.
- China's infrastructure development is a "win-winism," says ... 2019-02-13
- Vice premier urges solid efforts for good start to 2019's e... 2019-02-13
- City of London keen to seize opportunities from Belt and Ro... 2019-02-12
- Senior Chinese official urges high-quality development of B... 2019-02-01
- Zeman hopes B&R Initiative will help boost Czech developmen... 2019-01-28