Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng presides over a meeting of the group in Beijing, capital of China, Jan. 31, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Ye)
Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng on Thursday called for more efforts to realize high-quality development of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Han, also a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and head of the leading group on advancing BRI development, made the remarks when presiding over a meeting of the leading group at which participants studied relevant remarks and instructions of Xi Jinping, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee.
The BRI, proposed by Xi, boosted China's opening-up to a new level and reflected the great advantages of China's development path, Han said, calling for efforts to well implement Xi's address at a symposium marking the fifth anniversary on advancing the BRI.
Han underlined the importance of the "bottom-line mentality" and urged to strengthen forecast and judgement in order to cope with challenges brought by a changing external environment.
Coordinated efforts should also be made to prepare for the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation to increase the global appeal of the BRI, he said.
- Belt and Road Initiative key to regional stability: Azerbai... 2019-04-18
- Pakistan PM to visit China on April 25-28: FM 2019-04-18
- Belt and Road film to debut worldwide during forum 2019-04-18
- China’s Belt and Road initiative to embrace a second globa... 2019-04-17
- Belt and Road joins hands with Yangtze River Economic Belt 2019-04-17
- Third-party model to open more paths on Belt and Road route 2019-04-17