The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will contribute totaling 117 billion U.S. dollars to global trade in 2019, according to latest studies published on the website of Center for Global Development (CGD), a renowned American think tank.
The article showed that China will increase 56 billion U.S. dollars in exports for the countries related with the Belt and Road Initiative, and commodities worth 61 billion U.S. dollars will be imported from about 80 countries around the world.
Studies predicted that it will raise global trade growth by 0.3 percentage point and global economic growth by 0.1 percentage point.
Countries which have not yet received any direct investment from China, will also see their trade value increase thanks to the B&R Initiative, a senior economist at Euler Hermes said, explaining that interconnectivity in all aspects between B&R countries have been improved, leading to better trade relationship.
According to statistics from RWR Advisory Group, a Washington-based consulting firm, from January 2 to 15, the total value of new Belt and Road projects amounted to 4.5 billion U.S. dollars, with the highest proportion of investment in sub-Saharan Africa. (Edited by , email@example.com)
- Belt and Road joins hands with Yangtze River Economic Belt 2019-04-17
- Belt and Road Initiative is one of most important initiativ... 2019-03-21
- Chinese-run railway in Ethiopia gives regional development ... 2019-03-01
- Economic Corridor to benefit people of China, Myanmar 2019-02-25
- China, Laos to promote cooperation on economic corridor, ot... 2019-02-22