Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan (R) shakes hands with new Chinese Ambassador Deng Li in Ankara, Turkey, Feb. 7, 2019. (Xinhua)
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday voiced readiness to join efforts with China to further the alignment of Turkey's Middle Corridor project and the Chinese-proposed Belt and Road Initiative, with a view to advancing bilateral relations continuously.
As he received the credentials presented by new Chinese Ambassador Deng Li in Ankara, Erdogan said Turkey attaches high importance to its relationship with China, and is ready to further harmonize each other's development projects so as to expand bilateral ties steadily by means of tapping the potentials for cooperation in such fields as politics, economy and culture, and promoting trade, investment, tourism and major projects between the two countries.
Erdogan also asked Deng to convey his best regards to his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.
For his part, Deng extended Xi's good wishes to Erdogan, pledging all efforts to implement the important consensus reached by the two heads of state that is charting the course of bilateral cooperation, actively support pragmatic cooperation in all fields, and promote the alignment of the development projects of the two countries.
Deng arrived in Turkey for his new office on Jan. 26.
- Central Asia transport corridor to boost regional economy: ... 2019-04-04
- Expert says Belt and Road Initiative to strengthen Sino-Afr... 2019-03-20
- Expert says China's BRI fills "historic vacuum" to boost Af... 2019-03-05
- Economic Corridor to benefit people of China, Myanmar 2019-02-25
- China, Laos to promote cooperation on economic corridor, ot... 2019-02-22