Sinohydro Bureau 5 Co., Ltd. under the Power Construction Corporation of China (PowerChina) recently completed construction of hydropower station project for the Upper Atbara and Setit Dam in eastern Sudan.
With 3.2 million kilowatt installed capacity, the project can provide clean and sustained electricity to about one third of Sudanese population.
During the construction period, Sinohydro Bureau 5 has also created more than 5,100 jobs for local people, helped over 50 families with financial difficulty, and invested 150,000 yuan in improving educational conditions that directly benefit more than 300 children in Sudan.
The Upper Atbara and Setit Dam Complex is a twin dam complex providing water for local agriculture, people's daily life and electricity generation so as to support the development of eastern Sudan. (Edited by Su Dan)
- Kenya's SGR train service ferried 1.7 mln passengers in 201... 2019-03-21
- Kenya says extended Chinese-built railway to be completed o... 2019-03-20
- Fijian expert sees Belt and Road Initiative development div... 2019-03-18
- Sino-Russian border city to build international inland port... 2019-03-13
- Three steps toward green Belt and Road 2019-03-13
- Chinese firm completes construction of hydropower station i... 2019-03-13