A China-Europe freight train carrying photovoltaic products like solar modules departed from Shangrao, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, to Almaty, capital city of Kazakhstan, on Tuesday morning, reported the China News Service.
The report said this is the first China-Europe freight train exclusive for photovoltaic products departing from Jiangxi this year, as well as the sixth China-Europe freight train shuttling between Shangrao and Kazakhstan.
The move, which is a response to the Belt and Road Initiative, has laid a good foundation for Shangrao to realize its goal of forging itself into a a world-class photovoltaic city and a famed optical city in China at a faster speed.
It is reported that another 13 China-Europe freight trains will depart from Shangrao to Kazakhstan soon, carrying a total of 615 containers and 130-megawatt solar modules.
The number of China-Europe freight trains leaving from Shangrao is expected to reach 40 this year.
- Shandong sends more freight trains to Asian, European count... 2019-05-06
- Logistics links boost trade between China's west and B&R co... 2019-05-06
- China-Europe freight train cargo value increases rapidly in... 2019-04-29
- Land-sea freight route connects China's Chongqing, Indonesi... 2019-04-27
- Belt and Road construction facilitates a faster world 2019-04-23
- China-Europe freight train cargo value surges by 106 percen... 2019-04-23