A China-Europe freight train carrying photovoltaic products like solar modules departed from Shangrao, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, to Almaty, capital city of Kazakhstan, on Tuesday morning, reported the China News Service.
The report said this is the first China-Europe freight train exclusive for photovoltaic products departing from Jiangxi this year, as well as the sixth China-Europe freight train shuttling between Shangrao and Kazakhstan.
The move, which is a response to the Belt and Road Initiative, has laid a good foundation for Shangrao to realize its goal of forging itself into a a world-class photovoltaic city and a famed optical city in China at a faster speed.
It is reported that another 13 China-Europe freight trains will depart from Shangrao to Kazakhstan soon, carrying a total of 615 containers and 130-megawatt solar modules.
The number of China-Europe freight trains leaving from Shangrao is expected to reach 40 this year.
- China accelerates rail-sea transit logistics 2019-03-21
- China-Europe freight trains make 14,000 trips 2019-03-18
- China-Europe freight train carrying photovoltaic products d... 2019-03-15
- Freight train departs Chongqing for ASEAN countries 2019-03-13
- New freight train service links east China city with German... 2019-03-11
- China has signed 171 B&R cooperation documents 2019-03-07