Chinese President Xi Jinping sent a congratulatory letter to the Belt and Road News Network First Council Meeting, which opened in Beijing on Tuesday.
The Belt and Road Initiative originated in China, and its opportunities and achievements belong to the world, Xi said in the letter.
Participating parties adhere to the Silk Road spirit of peace and cooperation, openness and inclusiveness, mutual learning and mutual benefit, and strive to develop the Belt and Road into a road of peace, prosperity, opening up, green development, innovation and connected civilizations, said Xi.
"We are glad to see that media has played positive and constructive roles in the process of building the Belt and Road partnership network after the initiative was proposed, " Xi said, adding the Belt and Road News Network provides convenient communication and cooperation platform for media of each country.
He expressed the hope that council members will carry forward the Silk Road spirit, strengthen communication and cooperation and do more work in promoting policy communication, infrastructure connectivity, unimpeded trade, financial integration and closer people-to-people ties, to create a sound environment of public opinion for the building of Belt and Road and make the initiative benefit more people from Belt and Road countries.
- Cuba upgrades its railroad system with Chinese support 2019-05-22
- China-Laos Railway opens new horizons for fruit growers in ... 2019-05-21
- Guangxi's foreign trade with B&R countries totaled 78.05 bi... 2019-05-20
- 4th Silk Road int'l expo concludes in Xi'an 2019-05-17
- Shaanxi Province becomes a member of International Land-Sea... 2019-05-17