The Belt and Road Energy Partnership (BREP) was inaugurated on Thursday in Beijing, marking strengthened cooperation of the countries participating in the Belt and Road Initiative in the energy sector.
The inauguration attracts energy ministers, ambassadors and high-level delegations in the energy sector from 30 participating countries, including Venezuela, Turkey and Iraq, and five observing countries.
During the meeting, a document on the cooperation principles and concreate actions of the BREP has been released.
According to the document, participating countries would strengthen infrastructure connectivity, enhance energy investment and promote cooperations in clean energy, energy efficiency, capacity building and personnel training.
A series of energy projects have been launched since the initiative was proposed six years ago, Zhang Jianhua, head of the National Energy Administration said, noting that those projects have brought substantial benefits to relative countries.
- GLOBALink | Welding of all 500-meter rails for Jakarta-Band... 2023-01-19
- Chinese, Malaysian FMs vow to advance B&R cooperation 2023-01-18
- Chinatown in Thai capital lights up to celebrate Chinese Lu... 2023-01-17
- GLOBALink | Chinese-made battery-powered locomotive tested ... 2023-01-14
- China's Chongqing to further strengthen int'l land-sea trad... 2023-01-14
- China Focus: International brands tap into "Year of Rabbit" 2023-01-13