Chinese authorities will revise the negative list for market access on an annual basis, and will unveil the 2019 version later this year.
To upgrade the negative list, China will set up a mechanism that combines annual revision with dynamic adjustments, the National Development and Reform Commission said in a statement.
By doing so, the country will keep the list in line with the latest developments of its reforms, and respond to the calls from market players to continue relaxing market access barriers, the statement said.
The country will work to apply the same negative list around the whole country, and ensure that all legal and effective management measures are included in it.
"We will resolutely eliminate illegal market access approvals, covert access thresholds, and negative lists on access made by local authorities," the statement said.
The negative list for market access outlines sectors, fields and businesses off-limits for investors. Industries, fields and businesses not on the list are open for investment to all market players.
China announced the 2018 version of the negative list in December.
- China to annually revise negative list for market access 2019-05-20
- Negative list update opens doors wider 2019-03-07
- China will further cut restrictions on foreign investment 2019-01-15
- China releases downsized negative list for market access of... 2018-12-26
- China to further widen market access for foreign investors 2018-12-24
- China to release new negative list for investment: sources 2018-12-06