China pledged to implement the results from the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) Beijing Summit, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said here Monday.
Geng Shuang told a daily news briefing that a coordination meeting to implement the results from the FOCAC Beijing Summit will be held on June 24 and 25 in Beijing, and officials from China and 54 African countries will take part in the meeting.
Noting that the Beijing summit in last September brought China-Africa relations to a new high, Geng said both sides coordinated closely after the summit to implement the important consensus reached by the leaders of China and African countries and the summit achievement.
He said it has undergone profound and complicated changes in the current global situation, and both China and Africa believed it was necessary to convene a coordination meeting in order to lead the high-quality and sustainable development of bilateral cooperation.
China would make its efforts to ensure the success of the coordination meeting and inject new impetus to the development of China-Africa comprehensive strategic partnership, Geng said.
- China pledges to implement results from FOCAC Beijing Summi... 2019-06-11
- Full text of China-EU summit joint statement 2019-04-10
- Businesses discuss B&R Initiative at Hamburg Summit 2018-11-27
- Full text of Chinese President Xi's speech at APEC CEO summ... 2018-11-19
- China to host second Belt and Road Forum for International ... 2018-11-19
- China urges Eurasia to safeguard world economic recovery wi... 2018-10-22