Editor’s Note: This is the thirteenth installment of Belt and Road Portal's special series on the Belt and Road Big Data Report 2017.
The top 50 Chinese enterprises taking part in the Belt and Road Initiative are most influential in the manufacturing, construction, financing and internet sectors, according to a report.
The Belt and Road Big Data Report 2017 issued by the State Information Center finds that the main representatives of the manufacturing enterprises are CRRC Corporation, China National Chemical Corporation, Dongfeng Motor Corporation, HBIS Group and Jiangxi Copper Corporation.
The major representatives of the construction enterprises are China Railway Construction Corporation, China Communications Construction Corporation and Beijing Construction Engineering Group.
Statistics from the China’s Ministry of Commerce indicates the value of the contracts in countries along the Belt and Road routes inked by Chinese construction enterprises last year was US$126.03 billion, 51.6 percent of the total value of Chinese enterprises’ newly inked foreign contracts last year.
The main financing enterprises are the Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications and Agricultural Bank of China.
BOC has set up branches in 20 countries along the Belt and Road routes, and established correspondent banking relationship with about 500 local partners.
The main IT enterprises are Alibaba, Huawei, Tencent, Lenovo and JD.
- Germany's Commerzbank partners with ICBC to support Belt & ... 2018-07-20
- Xi begins Mideast, Africa visits to help spread value of B&... 2018-07-19
- 'China speed' makes it a valuable partner for Latin America... 2018-07-18
- B&R can help UAE upgrade into a regional hub for Chinese vi... 2018-07-18
- Participation in Belt and Road enables Japan to explore Eur... 2018-07-17