Foreign trade of southwest China's Yunnan Province rose 24.7 percent year on year in 2018, local customs authorities said Wednesday.
According to Kunming Customs, Yunnan's foreign trade totaled 197.3 billion yuan (29 billion U.S. dollars) last year. Exports rose 9.4 percent year on year to about 84.8 billion yuan, while imports increased 39.3 percent year on year to 112.5 billion yuan.
Border trade rose significantly last year, with mutual businesses on Yunnan's border areas rising 20.9 percent. Trade with ASEAN nations accounted for 46.1 percent of Yunnan's imports and exports.
Meanwhile, trade with countries and regions along the Belt and Road expanded 30.3 percent to 133.16 billion yuan.
- AIIB president warns of trade 'headwinds' facing Asia 2019-02-14
- B&R promotes global trade growth: study 2019-02-12
- Land-sea trade route delivers tropical delicacies to inland... 2019-02-12
- China's FTZs take lead in the progress of opening-up since ... 2019-02-02
- Sichuan's foreign trade volume hits record high in 2018 2019-01-30
- Guangxi's foreign trade with countries along the B&R reache... 2019-01-30