China National Tourism Administration and General Administration of Sport of China jointly released the Action Plan on Development of Belt and Road Sports Tourism (2017-20) on July 6, 2017.
The action plan says that sports tourism is a newly emerging sector based on the deep integration of the sports and tourism industries. The development of sports tourism is of great significance for fostering new dynamics for economic growth.
It points out that countries and regions along the Belt and Road routes boast rich sports tourism resources, posing great potential for development of sports tourism.
According to the plan, joint efforts will be made to tap the sports tourism market along the Belt and Road.
A series of quality sports tourism events, special sports and leisure programs, competitive sports tourism businesses and famous sports tourism destinations will be developed along the Belt and Road, so as to promote policy coordination, industrial connectivity and people-to-people bonds.
- BRI benefits appear in two-way tourism 2019-01-10
- China-built urban railway helps ease Vietnam's transport pr... 2018-12-03
- Countries along Belt and Road route promote tourist resourc... 2018-10-29
- One year on, China-Singapore rail-sea route draws "Belt" an... 2018-09-26
- C.China Henan unveils standardization action plan to facili... 2018-09-12