Ukraine targets to become a "strong chain" in the China-proposed modern Silk Road through building economic and logistic links between Asia and Europe, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Gennady Zubko said on June 15.
"We are striving to ensure that the Ukrainian presence on the New Silk Road is becoming more and more important," Zubko was quoted by the government press service as saying during the World Expo-2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Ukraine has good infrastructure network to connect Asia and Europe, he said, adding that the East European country is also willing to participate in the project as an exporter of goods.
The Belt and Road Initiative opens up new opportunities for Ukraine to boost its metallurgical, agriculture and chemical exports, Zubko noted.
Besides, he pointed that Ukraine has good prospects to cooperate with other countries along the Silk Road in aviation and shipbuilding industries.
The Belt and Road Initiative aims to build trade and infrastructure networks connecting Asia with Europe and Africa along the ancient Silk Road routes.
Ukraine has formally joined the Silk Road project in 2015, launching a train to China via the sea-rail Trans-Caspian International Transport Route through Georgia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan.
- SW China's Kunming sees foreign trade with B&R countries in... 2018-05-23
- China, Netherlands willing to strengthen cooperation on B&R 2018-05-22
- Siemens can become best partner for construction of Belt & ... 2018-05-16
- Co-building B&R ecosystem through "three joint efforts", GE... 2018-05-16
- B&R Initiative offers enormous opportunities to Britain: Br... 2018-05-16