Aerial photo shows the Dateng Gorge water conservancy project in Guiping City, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Aug. 9, 2022.(Xinhua/Cao Yiming)
BEIJING, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- China Development Bank, one of the country's policy banks, issued 186.4 billion yuan (about 27.53 billion U.S. dollars) of loans in 2022 to shore up the country's development in water conservancy.
The loans mainly supported China's major water conservancy projects, such as the irrigation system of the Dateng Gorge in south China and the comprehensive management of the Yongding River basin in north China, according to the bank.
In the next stage, it will focus on key areas and weak links in the field of water conservancy and strengthen financing support to promote high-quality development in this field.
More support will be offered to improve the capabilities of flood and drought prevention, optimize the allocation of water resources, and advance the intensive utilization and conservation of water, said the bank.
- NE. China Liaoning's int'l trade promotion council inks co-... 2023-02-27
- GLOBALink | North China city launches first China-Europe fr... 2023-02-27
- Across China: RCEP helps northwest China province expand fr... 2023-02-27
- Belarusian President Lukashenko to visit China 2023-02-27
- UN tourism body hails reopening of China for tourism 2023-02-27
- China to strengthen international sci-tech cooperation: off... 2023-02-27