The Urumqi Railway Bureau of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Lianyungang Port Group from East China's Jiangsu Province.
The agreement signed in Urumqi on Aug 6 is designed to ensure the railway connecting Khorgos in Xinjiang and Lianyungang becomes a key transport channel in the Belt and Road Initiative designed to connect Europe and Central Asia with Southeast Asia.
According to the agreement, the two sides will work together to promote the strengths of road, railway and sea transportation to lower costs and improve transport efficiency.
The two sides will set up a working group soon to study the feasibility of the transport of Kazakhstan-Lianyungang transit wheat, Lianyungang-Urumqi aluminum oxide and cold-chain transport services between Lianyungang and Urumqi.
They intend to strengthen information exchanges, cooperation on railway-ship multimodal container transport services, domestic-international freight train whole-journey logistics and financial services, as well as cooperation on the operation of warehouses and freight yards.
- Germany's Commerzbank partners with ICBC to support Belt & ... 2018-07-20
- Foreign banks seek to add value to China's Belt and Road In... 2018-07-20
- Xi begins Mideast, Africa visits to help spread value of B&... 2018-07-19
- Xi lauds 'close' friendship with UAE 2018-07-19
- 'China speed' makes it a valuable partner for Latin America... 2018-07-18