The Urumqi Railway Bureau of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Lianyungang Port Group from East China's Jiangsu Province.
The agreement signed in Urumqi on Aug 6 is designed to ensure the railway connecting Khorgos in Xinjiang and Lianyungang becomes a key transport channel in the Belt and Road Initiative designed to connect Europe and Central Asia with Southeast Asia.
According to the agreement, the two sides will work together to promote the strengths of road, railway and sea transportation to lower costs and improve transport efficiency.
The two sides will set up a working group soon to study the feasibility of the transport of Kazakhstan-Lianyungang transit wheat, Lianyungang-Urumqi aluminum oxide and cold-chain transport services between Lianyungang and Urumqi.
They intend to strengthen information exchanges, cooperation on railway-ship multimodal container transport services, domestic-international freight train whole-journey logistics and financial services, as well as cooperation on the operation of warehouses and freight yards.
- Xinjiang, Lianyungang port work to connect railway and sea ... 2017-08-09
- Nepal wants to reap maximum benefits from China's Belt and ... 2017-08-09
- China continues to push for open markets 2017-08-09
- ASEAN's golden jubilee signals new era for integration 2017-08-09
- Belt and Road Initiative, a game changer for the regional e... 2017-08-09
- Construction of new high-speed rail starts in NE China 2017-08-09
- China-ASEAN Expo to host Belt and Road exhibition 2017-08-09
- China's investment resonates in the Middle East 2017-08-09