Foreign experts have discussions with businessmen at the project fair in Taiyuan on Aug 7. [Photo/sxrb.com]
Shanxi held a project fair targeted at foreign experts in Taiyuan, the provincial capital, on Aug 7, to introduce advanced overseas technologies and boost the development of local companies.
The project fair covered multiple areas, such as new energy, new materials, medical care and modern agriculture. Special events including Ukrainian project promotion meeting and a lecture on Japanese lean production management were launched to help foster Shanxi's new energy industry and promote the province's construction under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative.
The fair invited 15 experts from five countries, including the United States, Germany and Israel, to discuss with 120 companies and institutions on different projects.
The foreign experts were divided into five groups based on their expertise and companies' demands. They will join businesses in different cities and help them solve problems during the next five days.
Shanxi department of resource and social security has hosted four sessions of the project fair since 2014 with some 80 foreign experts from 14 countries invited to communicate and partner with Shanxi businesses in making technological breakthroughs and improving management.
- Foreign banks seek to add value to China's Belt and Road In... 2018-07-20
- China releases guidelines on expanding imports 2018-07-10
- Xi to address foreign ministers of Arab states 2018-07-06
- China unveils new negative list for foreign investment in F... 2018-07-02
- China's increased opening-up promises common prosperity 2018-07-02