Experts believe that construction of the Belt and Road requires pooling intellectual resources to realize resource gathering in the areas of strategy, planning and operation.
The third annual meeting of "One Belt One Road 100" was held in Hancheng, northwest China's Shaanxi Province. The meeting was attended by more than 100 representatives from governments, enterprises, universities and think tanks throughout the country.
Zhuang Congsheng, former vice president of the All China Federation of Industry and Commerce, urged the enterprises to play a positive role in supporting the construction of the Belt and Road Initiative. "Currently, Chinese private enterprises participating in the Belt and Road Initiative are in the initial stage. Most of their actions are spontaneous and scattered. Intellectual support is absolutely essential for pushing private enterprises to participate in the Belt and Road construction and paving their growth from small to large and local to multinational," he said.
Chen Zhe, assistant director of the Department of International Cooperation in the National Development and Reform Commission, pointed out that scholars should actively serve the Belt and Road Initiative.
The governments, enterprises and non-governmental organizations should join hands to promote the Belt and Road Initiative. Lv Jianzhong, chairman of the Silk Road International Chamber of Commerce, said that construction of the Belt and Road requires cooperation among relevant governments as well as participation of business associations.
"Silk Road Chamber of International Commerce is composed of relevant business associations of countries along the Belt and Road and boasts millions of business members. It has established an important platform for relevant business communities to participate in the construction of the Belt and Road Initiative," Lv added.
- Director-General leads WHO delegation to the Belt and Road ... 2017-08-17
- Cambodian health minister to attend Belt and Road forum for... 2017-08-17
- Cargo train links Poland with China's Jiangxi 2017-08-17
- Belt and Road Initiative calls for intellectual support 2017-08-17
- Belt and Road connects Manzhouli to the world 2017-08-17
- Railway projects key to Southeast Asia's future development 2017-08-16
- Singapore ready to partner China to build Belt and Road: mi... 2017-08-16