China's insurance industry had invested 699.4 billion yuan for the Belt and Road construction by the end of June 2017, up 18.09 percent from the beginning of the year, accounting for 4.82 percent of the balance of the domestic insurance funds used, according to a press reflease held by the China Insurance Regulatory Commission on Thursday.
Since the Belt and Road Initiative was proposed in 2013 until June this year, Sinosure had underwritten more than 480 billion U.S. dollars, in total, for the countries along the Belt and Road routes, while paying a total compensation of 1.73 billion U.S. dollars to enterprises and banks, said Zha Weiming, Deputy General Manager and spokesperson of Sinosure.
Moreover, the company had insured more than 1,200 equipment, engineering contracts and investment projects in industries such as railways, electricity, telecommunications, steel, automobile, engineering machinery and others, during the period, said Zha.
- China to continue its support to WHO 2017-08-21
- China, Saudi Arabia agree to strengthen economic ties 2017-08-21
- Cargo train links China's Qinghai with Russia 2017-08-21
- China to limit overseas investments in real estate, sports ... 2017-08-21
- Chinese digital publishers actively promote knowledge shari... 2017-08-21
- China's insurance industry invests RMB700 bln for B&R const... 2017-08-21
- China a 'priority concern' market for Kazakhstan 2017-08-18
- China signs cooperation agreements with 69 entities under B... 2017-08-18
- China focuses investment on Belt and Road countries 2017-08-18