A testing car drives on a road of the Lingang intelligent connected vehicle integrative testing demonstration zone in east China's Shanghai, July 3, 2020. (Xinhua/Fang Zhe)
An international standard for test scenarios for automated driving systems, of which the formulation was led by China, was published this month by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), according to an announcement of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology on Thursday.
The international standard defines terms in the context of test scenarios for automated driving systems, including concepts such as automated driving system, dynamic driving task, operational design domain and so on. It clarifies the relationship among scenarios, environments and entities, as well as the approaches for describing different layers of scenarios including functional scenario, abstract scenario, logical scenario, and concrete scenario.
As an important fundamental standard for test scenarios for automated driving systems, the newly-published standard provides the industry with a universal norm of vocabularies that will be broadly used in the R&D, test and management of automated driving technologies and products across the globe, supporting the application of automated driving technology in various kinds of context such as smart travel, regional connectivity and road transportation.
The standard is the first one published among a series of standards related to automated driving test scenarios proposed by China in April 2018, the planning of which involved experts from more than 20 countries including Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the United States, etc.
- 1st China-led ISO standard for automated driving test scena... 2022-10-14
- 2022 CIFTIS to showcase new techs, applications, and scenar... 2022-08-29
- China's first sea-rail automated container terminal welcome... 2022-06-29
- Feature: Chinese Bridge language contest promotes Sino-Egyp... 2022-05-26
- Russian section of 1st China-Russia railway bridge complete... 2022-04-28
- Final round of "Chinese Bridge" contest for secondary schoo... 2022-04-17
- Xinhua Headlines: China stabilizes supply, industrial chain... 2022-04-16