The country's shipbuilding output hit 37.86 million deadweight tonnes (dwt) last year, accounting for 47.3 percent of the world's total, according to the China Association of the National Shipbuilding Industry.
New orders, another major indicator of the shipbuilding industry, stood at 45.52 million dwt in 2022, with a global market share of 55.2 percent.
The sector's holding orders totaled 105.57 million dwt, up 10.2 percent year on year, taking up 49 percent of the world's market share.
Meanwhile, six Chinese shipbuilding enterprises ranked world's top 10 in terms of the three aforementioned indicators, the association added.
- China remains world's top shipbuilder in 2022 2023-01-28
- China's NEV sector achieves fruitful results in 2022 with h... 2023-01-11
- Feature: Thailand's tourism sector gears up for return of C... 2023-01-03
- GLOBALink | Chinese investments add impetus to Zimbabwe's l... 2022-12-30
- China's trust sector expands in Q3 2022-12-19