The number of new foreign companies in Beijing hit 1,309 in 2017, an increase of 22 percent year on year, according to Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce.
These companies include the U.S. multinational financial services companies Visa and MasterCard, and the second largest animation producer Huhu Studios in New Zealand.
Foreign investment flowing to the service industry hit 23.2 billion U.S. dollars last year, up 88.4 percent year on year, accounting for 95.4 percent of the total annual foreign investment.
Foreign investment in science and technology, Internet and information, and the travel industry also saw an increase.
In recent years, the Chinese cabinet has approved plans to advance opening of the service industry in the capital city.
- Foreign banks seek to add value to China's Belt and Road In... 2018-07-20
- China releases guidelines on expanding imports 2018-07-10
- Xi to address foreign ministers of Arab states 2018-07-06
- China unveils new negative list for foreign investment in F... 2018-07-02
- China's increased opening-up promises common prosperity 2018-07-02