The number of new foreign companies in Beijing hit 1,309 in 2017, an increase of 22 percent year on year, according to Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce.
These companies include the U.S. multinational financial services companies Visa and MasterCard, and the second largest animation producer Huhu Studios in New Zealand.
Foreign investment flowing to the service industry hit 23.2 billion U.S. dollars last year, up 88.4 percent year on year, accounting for 95.4 percent of the total annual foreign investment.
Foreign investment in science and technology, Internet and information, and the travel industry also saw an increase.
In recent years, the Chinese cabinet has approved plans to advance opening of the service industry in the capital city.
- Beijing sees rising number of foreign firms in 2017 2018-01-12
- B&R Initiative provides new opportunities for foreign banks 2018-01-09
- China unveils tax exemption to attract foreign investment 2018-01-02
- China to simplify administrative procedures for foreign ban... 2018-01-02
- Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei offer 144-hour visa-free transit 2018-01-02
- Abundant business opportunities for foreign investors emerg... 2017-12-29