More than 200 representatives of over 50 countries, regions and international organizations met here on Monday to discuss tax cooperation under the Belt and Road Initiative.
The three-day meeting in the Kazakh capital will focus on the legal affairs and dispute settlements related to taxation.
The establishment of long-term taxation cooperation for participants of the Belt and Road Initiative is a practical move to overhaul international taxation governance, improve the environment for business and boost global economic growth, said Wang Jun, director of China's State Administration of Taxation.
Kazakh Deputy Prime Minister Erbolat Dossaev said the alignment of the country's "Bright Path" new economic policy with the Belt and Road Initiative would contribute to economic and social development in Kazakhstan and elsewhere.
The Belt and Road Initiative, proposed by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013, comprises the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, and is aimed at building a trade and infrastructure network connecting Asia with Europe and Africa along the ancient trade routes.
Kazakhstan's "Bright Path" policy is aimed at revitalizing the country's economy.
- Chinese cardiologists under B&R Initiative pass on expertis... 2018-10-16
- Belt &Road, Chinese solution to human development 2018-09-28
- BRI-based cooperation with Europe can open opportunities in... 2018-09-26
- China, Guyana vow more cooperation under the Belt and Road ... 2018-09-25
- China appreciates Serbia's support, participation in Belt a... 2018-09-25