Nippon Express has begun to provide multimodal transport service between Japan and Europe by making use of China-Europe freight train since Monday.
The move will greatly reduce the transportation time.
According to the logistic firm, the new service provides two routes, one from Japan’s major ports to China’s Dalian via ocean transportation and then from Dalian to Germany’s Duisburg via railway; the other from Japan’s major airports to China’s Chongqing via air transportation and then from Chongqing to Duisburg through railway.
The sea-rail transit route has shrunk the transportation period between Tokyo and Duisburg from 40 days to 28 days. Under the air-rail transit route, Full Container Load (FCL) and Less than Container Load (LCL) will cost 22 days and 24 days respectively.
- SCO in closer ties with Belt and Road Initiative 2018-06-11
- Nippon Express provides Japan-Europe multimodal transport v... 2018-05-23
- New freight train links east China's Zibo, Moscow 2018-05-18
- Pakistan tests 1st metro train in Lahore under CPEC 2018-05-17
- Amid high expectation, Belt and Road Initiative brings more... 2018-05-15
- Guangxi to explore new freight services linking western Chi... 2018-05-14