Nippon Express has begun to provide multimodal transport service between Japan and Europe by making use of China-Europe freight train since Monday.
The move will greatly reduce the transportation time.
According to the logistic firm, the new service provides two routes, one from Japan’s major ports to China’s Dalian via ocean transportation and then from Dalian to Germany’s Duisburg via railway; the other from Japan’s major airports to China’s Chongqing via air transportation and then from Chongqing to Duisburg through railway.
The sea-rail transit route has shrunk the transportation period between Tokyo and Duisburg from 40 days to 28 days. Under the air-rail transit route, Full Container Load (FCL) and Less than Container Load (LCL) will cost 22 days and 24 days respectively.
- Govt to assess railway links to Europe 2018-10-18
- China-Europe freight trains hit 11,000 trips 2018-10-17
- New China-Europe freight train route from Qinghai to Russia... 2018-10-10
- Transit containers of China-Europe freight trains via Belar... 2018-10-09
- China-Europe freight train links Jingdezhen, Moscow 2018-09-29