Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi expressed appreciation Monday for Serbia's support and participation in China's Belt and Road initiative.
Meeting with Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly high-level week, Wang said the two countries' joint efforts in Belt and Road Initiative will lead to broader prospects and strong support for their bilateral cooperation.
"China is a trustworthy friend for Serbia in the international arena and we wish to continue communicating and coordinating with Serbia on multilateral matters," said Wang, noting these matters include pushing forward the "16+1" cooperation between China and the Central and Eastern Europe countries.
Dacic, for his part, said Serbia attaches great importance to the friendship between the two countries and the two peoples.
He thanked China for its long-time support and help to Serbia and said that Serbia wishes to continue to be China's best friend and important partner in Europe.
"The Serbia-China comprehensive strategic partnership has been making steady progress," he said, adding Serbia wishes to enhance pragmatic cooperation, strengthen communication and coordination on multilateral matters, and build closer bilateral ties with China.
- Belt &Road, Chinese solution to human development 2018-09-28
- BRI-based cooperation with Europe can open opportunities in... 2018-09-26
- China, Guyana vow more cooperation under the Belt and Road ... 2018-09-25
- China appreciates Serbia's support, participation in Belt a... 2018-09-25
- Elaboration on the Eight Major Initiatives of the FOCAC Bei... 2018-09-20
- China to boost Belt and Road cooperation with Moldova, Azer... 2018-09-20